We all know the song ‘it’s like rain on your wedding day’, but what if dark clouds did appear on your special day?
It’s every brides nightmare, but in our experience, a bit of wet weather doesn’t need to ruin your special day!
Our Top Tips For Surviving a Rainy Wedding Day
Rain on the forecast? Here are our top tips on how to prevent a bit of rain from spoiling your wedding:
- Stylish weather-proof outfits: Get matching colourful wellington boots and umbrellas for your bridesmaid to wear while walking to the your venue and for some colourful pictures outside to brighten the day. They’ll look stylish and remain dry.
- Bring plenty towels to dry off at the reception.
- Check your wedding insurance to return your marquee and other unused items that could be distributed by the wedding, but have backups.
- Invest in some hand/foot warmers to keep in your bag throughout the day, and provide some for guests too. There’s nothing worse than being cold, plus you need to keep your warm smile showing!
- Carry a pocket size of tissues to help remove streaky make-up and incase you start getting the sneezes!
- Make sure your ushers have umbrellas to hand out. If somebody else is in charge of managing your guests, you don’t have to worry and can concentrate on staying dry and warm.
- Remember the rain could stop at any time, so be flexible and keep those high heels and wellies close!
- Speak to your make-up artist and photographer before the wedding to make sure they are prepared for all weather conditions and know how to keep you looking your best.
Creative Rainy Day Wedding Day Ideas
Capture the rain in a small pot – some brides capture it to make the raindrops into a necklace to remember their special day.
If you’ve brought towels to the reception, ask your guests to write on one of the towels with a sharpie, which someone crafty can sew over for you to frame and keep.
Whether the weather is hot, cold, wet or dry, remember it will be a lovely day so think positively and stay beautiful 😉